Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tea Party Menu



GARDEN TEA PARTY

As part of my birthday celebration this year, I decided to host a garden tea party. I invited about 20 lovely close women friends. This was my very first tea party and it was a success and it was quite pleasant. We were blessed with a beautiful and sunny weather and were joined by a few dozen birds chirping in the garden. A good indication that Spring is here to stay!

I prepared a very simple menu which I decided to share and blog and hoping to encourage more women to take some time for themselves and enjoy a cup of tea with some friends. I had a fabulous time with these women below and I am thinking of hosting a tea party quarterly now and my husband approved! See you again soon ladies!


TEA PARTY MENU
(Serves 10-12)

Minted Cream Cheese and Cucumber Sandwich

1 loaf of firm white bread (I used Hawaiian White Bread)
1 whole cucumber (peeled and sliced 1/8 inch rounds)
1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz )
10 Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
Mix the cheese and mint together. Spread one side of each bread with the mixture. Top with cucumber then top with another slice of bread. Cut the crust off the bread and cut the sandwich into triangles.

INSALATA CAPRESE ON BAGUETTE

1 loaf of baguette (sliced about 1/2 inch thick)
4 medium size firm but ripe tomatoes (thinly sliced into 1/4 in)
Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella
1 bunch of fresh basil
Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with good-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar

BRIE, FIG PRESERVE AND CAVIAR

A box of plain, multi grain or sesame crackers. Use a good brand of Brie, your choice of fruit preserve and caviar as an option. This appetizer will also make a great pair with champagne!

PROSCIUTTO BRUSCHETTA

1 loaf of baguette (sliced in 1/2 inch)
1 package of smoke or regular prosciutto (chopped)

VARIETY OF DRIED SALAMI

Spicy, Peppered and Rose Salami is what I used for my party. They can be eaten plain or with  cracker and cheese

THE SWEETS!

VARIETY OF SWEETS

World Market Imports or Trader Joe's has a variety of European Cookies





CUPCAKES FROM OH CAKE!

VARIETY OF TEA

I served 12 assorted black, green and herbal tea to give the women options

I hope you enjoyed reading this special tea party blog and start planning your own! If you need someone to plan and cater it for you, EMAIL ME! I can cater a party of 25. 

No comments: