Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tom Kha Chicken w/ Potatoes and Garbanzo Beans


My daughter asked me after I picked her up from the train station if I will cook dinner tonight. Of course my response was "SURE". She requested curry and spicy. As soon as we got home, I started visualizing what I have in the pantry and fridge. I knew I have few of the ingredients I needed to prepare the dish. Well, here is what I came up with and it was quite tasty!

Ingredients:

1 lb of chopped chicken breast
4 medium peeled and diced potatoes
1 cup of diced tomatoes
1 can of garbanzo beans (drained)
4 sliced jalapeno or sereno peppers
4 stalk fresh basil leaves
1 can chicken stock
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
6 cloves of crushed garlic
1 medium chopped onion
6 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pouch of Tom Kha Paste

Heat the oil in medium size pot. Add the garlic, stir until it's brown. Add the onion and stir until it caramelized. Then, add the chicken, stir and brown (about 5 mins). When the chicken brown and half way cooked, add the potatoes, chicken stock, coconut milk and the Tom Kha paste. Stir and boil for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are semi-tender. Then add the garbanzo beans, peppers and the basil, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and boil in medium heat for another 5 minutes. Serve with white rice and some sweet fruit.

No comments: