Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggplant with Crab Paste and Soya Bean Oil


I didn't plan to cook tonight because I was feeling lazy all day. I brought my kids pizza and there was a piece of steak left over from yesterday's Easter lunch that my husband can eat. As soon as I got home and saw my kitchen, I suddenly felt an energy shooting up my spine! I changed clothes and sat for a minute. I realized I didn't want pizza anyway so I opened the fridge and the eggplants I bought the other day were shining through the plastic wrap. Here is what I cooked for me!
Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs of Indian Eggplants (small round ones) substitute w/ other kind of eggplant if not available
4 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup water

Cut up the eggplant in quarters and rinse. Heat a medium frying pan or wok with sesame oil. Add the minced garlic and brown a little. Immediately add the eggplant and stir the oil and garlic all over then add the water. Lower heat, cover and cook until the eggplant are tender but not mushy. Add the crab paste, stir, cover and cook for another 5 minutes in low heat and it's done! Enjoy with fresh steamed rice.

No comments: