Monday, January 6, 2014

Watermelon, Avocado and Green Bean Salad


It's the start of the new year and we all look for ways to shed those extra pounds we gained after eating all the yummy high calorie food during the holidays. Here is one of my favorite salad that I make at the office for lunch and I usually make enough for 4 people and I share it with my team. I have modified the amount of ingredients below to serve 2 people. This salad is very filling and it has nuts for protein intake. Their mix of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber will help you feel full and suppress your appetite and keep you full until dinner time.

Ingredients:

1 cup blanched fresh green beans (you can also microwave for 3 minutes inside a bowl with 1/4 cup of water)
1 cup fresh cut watermelon (cut in cubes)
1 whole avocado (remove seed and cut up in cubes)
1/2 cup sweet bell pepper (minis or regular sliced in strips)
2 cups fresh arugula
1/4 cup unsalted or salted cashew nuts (almonds, pistachios etc)
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
pinch of salt and black pepper

Enjoy! Make sure to check out my other salad recipes!





No comments: