Saturday, July 16, 2011

Banana Pancakes



I love waking up in the morning and the first thing I want to do is COOK! I'm always thinking what to eat for breakfast and what my family will enjoy. Weekend mornings are always the best days to prepare something special because I don't have to rush out to go to work and the kids are still in bed taking their time to get out of bed. I know that I should do that too but I always find myself waking up early so why not do what I enjoy.....COOKING!


As I walked in the kitchen, first item that caught my eyes were the over ripe bananas. I know that no one will eat those anymore because we all like firm bananas. I contemplated for a minute and thought.....banana pancakes or banana biscuits? or save them later for banana bread or cupcakes? I had to based my decision on what other ingredients I have in the pantry and fridge. Well, they all have the same ingredients so I decided on making the pancakes since it is breakfast time after all!


Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose Flour
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cups regular milk or 2% milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
3 ripe bananas, mashed

Preparation:

- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, butter, and egg. Add to the dry ingredients.
Add the mashed banana
- Heat up a large griddle or skillet on low heat
- Spray with pan or melt a little butter and pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake
- When the top side of the pancake is all bubbly, flip and cook for about a minute
- Enjoy with slices of bananas, confectioners sugar and your favorite syrup. You can also top it with whipped cream.
- Enjoy the left over pancakes in the afternoon with some ice cream!

No comments: