Monday, January 25, 2010

Coconut and Curry Tilapia


I was craving for some fish tonight but I wasn't sure how and what to prepare it with. I checked my pantry and saw a few boxes of coconut milk! Then I remember that I just bought a bag of fresh basil and some cherry tomatoes that I was going to use for pasta. A few more ingredients and here is what came out of the oven!

Ingredients:

5 pieces of Tilapia filet
2 cups of coconut milk
3 stalks of fresh basil leaves (pluck leaves and discard stems)
1/2 cup of fresh cherry tomato
4 tablespoon of yellow curry
1 fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic salt


Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the fish in a baking dish. Pour the coconut milk all over the fish then sprinkle the curry and salt all over. Add the basil leaves and the cherry tomatoes. Slice the lemon in half and drizzle the juice all over. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!

No comments: