Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mini Vanilla and Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce



After watching Food Network all day, I felt inspired to bake something yummy again and surprise my husband and kids tonight. I saw a few recipe and noted them down but I was too lazy to go to the store and get the ingredients. I decided to check my pantry and grabbed what I have and searched for a recipe online that consist the ingredients in front of me. I found a simple recipe and I modified it a little by adding a few more ingredients in it. You really can't go wrong with chocolate chip morsels!!

Ingredients and Preparation:
6 Mini Bundt Cakes

- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chip morsels
- pinch of salt
- Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Syrup or other glaze

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the eggs and the sugar in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high speed for about 8 minutes or until it is fluffy and has volume. Slowly add the cream, salt and vanilla extract in the mixture. Finally, slowly add the flour. baking powder and the chocolate chips. Beat well until all ingredients are incorporated. Scoop the dough with a 1/3 cup measuring spoons and pour into the non stick mini bundt molding pan. Bake for 20 minutes. After they are cooked, let them cool before unmolding. When you are ready to serve them, unmold and glaze them with caramel sauce or with melted chocolate syrup or just top with fresh fruits and whipped cream. ENJOY!

No comments: