Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Turkey and Corn Enchiladas



Hello fans! It's been a while since I blogged but I'm back and I have a few recipe I will share this week. Thank you for your continued support and sharing my blog to your friends and family.


I've been stuck at home for a few months now and while I'm actively looking for a new job, I'm also being challenged at home on what to cook for lunch or dinner since I have plenty of time in my hands. A few weeks ago, I decided to clean and organize my lazy Susan and found items I can cook together and prepare some delicious meals. Here is one easy recipe I came up with. Try it yourself!


GROUND TURKEY AND SWEET CORN ENCHILADAS (serves 4)


Ingredients:


- 1 lb Jenny O ground turkey (any brand will do)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese (I used cheddar)
- 12 pieces corn or flour small tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 10 oz cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (hot)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 cup of sweet corn kernels


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 13x9 inch glass baking dish. In a skillet, cook and brown the garlic with olive oil then add the ground turkey. Cook the turkey until brown. Drain any remaining oil. Stir in 1 can of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.


Spoon enchilada meat filling onto tortillas and roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish. Arrange them side by side. Pour remaining 1 can of enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over them. Bake 20 minutes or until all cheese is melted and they are hot!

No comments: