Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tri-Color Potatoes


The holidays are over! I've been slacking with my blog. The past 2 months have been quite busy. I cooked and entertained, I partied and I even hurt my back and was on bed rest for a couple of weeks but that didn't stop me from doing other activities.

Here is one of the recipe I've been wanting to post because its an MJ original recipe. I had to cook for a christmas party I planned for my friends and I wanted to serve something they've never had before. While I was at the supermarket, there was a moment that I just stood in front of the different types of potato in front of me. I was just going to make a simple potato dish but I couldnt' decide which potato I should make it with. My creativity started kicking in. Here is the recipe!

Tri-Color Potatoes

3 medium size sweet potato (w/ less curve as possible)
3 medium size purple potato
3 medium size regular russet potato
2 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of garlic salt (or less if preferred)
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper

Turn the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the potatoes and slice into 1/4 of an inch thick (rounds) and set aside in three separate bowl (one for each type of potato).  Combine and whisk all the other ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle each bowl of potatoes with the dressing. Arrange the potatoes by layering a piece of each type on top of each other on a non stick flat baking pan or use a baking sheet to prevent from sticking. Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender but not mushy. Enjoy as an appetizer or as a side dish.

No comments: