Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tandoori Flatbread Japanese Mushroom Pizza

I'm not a pizza lover but if the crust is thin enough and crunchy, then I will eat it. Lately, I've been seeing flat bread pizza being served at restaurants as an appetizer.  Flat breads when baked can become crunchy so now, when I crave for pizza, I always look for a place with flat breads! I recently came across a recipe that sounded simple enough and I knew that I will try to make it my own. The outcome is one very healthy yummy pizza!!

Ingredients:

3 Tandoori Flat Bread (Indian Naan)
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 large white onion
3 tablespoon pesto sauce
1 cup feta cheese
150g brown Beech mushrooms
150g white Beech mushrooms
3 tablespoon of mint chutney

Preparation: 

Heat a skillet over medium high heat, when hot, add the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and the onions, and saute until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
On the flatbread, spread the basil pesto, avoiding the outer one inch edge.






Top the flat bread with the feta cheese







Add the mushroom and onion mixture







Set the oven for 400 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the flatbread is toasted. Sprinkle with the mint chutney. Serve hot!

No comments: