Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roasted Crab with Peppercorn and Garlic


Crab season is almost over and I haven't had a chance to cook any. It's also been a few months since I blogged a recipe that I tried. Well, I have a darn good excuse....BEEN QUITE BUSY with travel and events and its just the beginning of summer. I found myself itching to blog for the past 2 days so I decided to visit the market and see what I can cook.

I stopped by my regular Asian market and my eyes got big when I saw that the live Dungeness crabs are on sale!! I started salivating and thought about the recipe I received from a colleague that she found from a blogger chef on Facebook and it turns out that I am also a follower of this blogger. I must say that this is my first time roasting crabs and the outcome is scrumptious!!

Ingredients and Preparation: (2 servings) 
2 Dungeness Crab (about 4 lbs)
2 stick unsalted butter
8 cloves garlic (chopped coarsely)
4 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
4 teaspoons black peppercorn (cracked using a mortar and pestle)
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Clean and chop the crab into halves or in quarters






Heat up the butter in a wok (between medium to low heat)
and saute the garlic until aromatic, but not brown







 Add in the black peppercorn, chicken bouillon powder







and then add in the crab and stir well. Add in the sugar and cook the crab until half done 






Dish out the crab into a deep baking pan and bake it in the oven at 375 degree F for 30 minutes






 Serve hot with garlic noodles

No comments: