Sunday, January 31, 2010

Citrus and Peppercorn Flavored Sea Salt


Recipes for flavored salt are everywhere so I thought I try it myself since I am experimenting with new spices lately. I came across a citrus flavored recipe and since I have both orange and lemon tree that are fruitful, I thought I mind as well make use of them in many different ways. Since this is my blog, I tweaked the recipe a little bit by adding whole peppercorns for a hint of spiciness.

1/2 cup of coarse sea salt
1 whole lemon peel
1 large orange peel
2 tbs of whole black peppercorn

Peel the skin of both the orange and lemon and try not to include the white part. Chop the peel very finely and add the salt and black peppercorn. Mix thoroughly and use it sparingly with pork, lamb or steak prior to grilling or broiling. If you want to store it, make sure to dry it in the oven until the peels have dried out before storing.

No comments: