Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mini Cheese Ravioli with Bolognese Tomato Sauce


It's been a while since I've had spaghetti so I decided I'll make some for our weekend meal. But after checking my pantry, I realized I didn't have spaghetti noodles!!! I was too lazy to go to the store so I to used another type of pasta. It turned out to be a better meal than my craving for spaghetti noodles!

Bolognese Sauce Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
2 can of 28 oz tomato strips with basil
1 can of 6 oz tomato paste
1 tbs of italian seasoning
4 tsp of brown sugar
10 cloves of chopped garlic
1 large chopped yellow onion
6 tbs of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Pasta:

1 16 oz bag of dry mini ravioli with cheese filling (Trader Joes or other brand) - cook as directed on the package. You can also substitute with other type of pasta.

Preparation:

Add olive oil and garlic in a heated large pan and cook until brown







Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes







Add the ground beef and cook until brown







Keep stirring for about 5 minutes








Add the dry ingredients








Add the 2 can of tomato and 1 can of tomato paste







Stir and coat all the meat with the sauce, cover and simmer in medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and check twice to make sure its not sticking in the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy with some french bread!

SOME INGREDIENTS I USED:
 

No comments: