Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cumin Sweet White Corn and Kale


Tonight, I decided to make something different for dinner. I wanted to experiment and use some of the spices that I haven't used in a while. I'm so motivated to cook again every night so on my way home while stuck in traffic, my chef brain was bring creative. I immediately thought of the 2 frozen veggies I have in the freezer. Of course, I always know what I have in my freezer/fridge ahead of time.

This side dish was paired with butter fried cajun spiced breast of chicken. It turned out to be a nice simple dinner. The cumin seeds went very well with the corn and kale. Yummylicious and easy breezy to make!!!




INGREDIENTS:

Serves 3

3 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 cup frozen white sweet corn
1 cup frozen chopped kale
salt and pepper to taste

Heat medium frying pan and add sesame oil (don't let it burn). Add cumin and saute for 1 minute. Add kale and corn and stir well. Cover, turn down heat and cook and steam for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite meat.

No comments: