Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baked Wild Salmon in Banana Leaf with Mango Chutney


I haven't had salmon in a long time and I decided to buy some today and experiment with a new recipe. I usually bake it with soy sauce and lemon juice or teriyaki sauce. I don't like overwhelming my salmon with too much spices. I checked out my pantry and found a jar of mango chutney I bought a couple of months ago and haven't used. I paired the salmon with steamed broccoli with Nori seasoning, sliced persimmon and steamed rice.

INGREDIENTS: Serves 4

4 - 4oz each wild salmon filet
4 tablespoons of hot mango chutney
1 tablesspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
2 whole lemon (1 for garnish)
4 sheets of banana leaves (5x7 each)
4 sheets of foil (8x10 each)

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the foil next to each other and put the banana leaf on top of the foil. Season the wild salmon individually with salt and pepper according to your salt intake. Arrange the salmon on top of the banana leaf and center it. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mango chutney on top of the salmon. Slice 1 lemon in thin rounds and garnish each salmon with a slice. Slice the other lemon in half and drizzle a bit of juice on top of each salmon. Wrap the salmon by folding each side of the banana leaf on top of it. Then finish it by wrapping it with the foil. Put the wrapped salmon in a non stick baking pan and bake for 35 mins. Serve with your favorite vegetables and steamed rice.

No comments: