This is a very simple to make no meat pasta dish and it is quite tasty when paired with Reisling or Pinot Gris to cool down the spice of the pepper flakes.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 2 16 oz boxes of Farfalle (aka - bow tie pasta) any brand (you can also use fresh made pasta if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons of chopped sun dried tomatoes (any brand) in juice
- 1/4 cup of raw pine nuts
- 2 pinches of pepper flakes
- 6 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of dry Italian Seasoning
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta as directed on the box. Heat pan, add pine nuts and make sure not to burn them by turning down heat and stir. As soon as they look a bit roasted, put aside. In the same heated pan, (medium heat) add olive oil and brown the sliced garlic. Add the sundried tomatoes, pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, stir and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes until the tomatoes released their juices and oil. Remove from heat and toss in a bowl with the pasta. Add the roasted pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste. Serve this delicious pasta with a small bowl of salad and a bread roll or a slice of toasted garlic bread or SERVE AS IS!