Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shitake, Basil and Blue Cheese Omelet


I am always thinking of food! Always thinking what to cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I always check the fridge the night before so that when I wake up in the morning, I'll just go straight to the kitchen and do what I'm passionate about....COOKING!! Last night, I thought of cooking omelet for Sunday breakfast but I didn't bother to check out the fridge. I knew I have some ingredients I could use and I must say that I made a very delicious omelet! I wanted seconds :)




Ingredients: (1 serving)
2 eggs
2 fresh large button mushrooms - chopped
2 fresh large shitake mushrooms  - chopped
1 clove garlic  - chopped
1/2 shallot - chopped (optional)
2 tsp crumbled blue cheese
5 fresh basil leaves
pinch of ground black pepper
3 tsp of butter


Heat a frying pan in medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of butter. Add the garlic and shallot, stir until brown then add the mushrooms and basil. Cook for 2 minutes then take out from pan and set aside. Whisk the 2 eggs in a bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter in the pan and pour the eggs until it forms into a round wrapper. Cook for about 1 minute in medium heat and then add the cooked mushroom mixture one one side of the egg. Add the blue cheese and fold the egg, flip and cook for another 1 minute. Add a pinch of ground black pepper and serve warm. I like mine with hot sauce!





No comments: