Saturday, February 6, 2010

Belgian Blueberry Waffles


I bought a big box of fresh blueberries from Costco and I know that they are not going to last in my house because we all love them! I woke up this morning and was craving for some waffles. I checked my pantry and found a box of Belgian Waffle Mix!!! I was happy to see my eggs also and started giggling.  I felt like a little kid who just got a bag of candy from a pinata. Out comes the waffle maker from the box and I'm sure it was happy to see daylight since I haven't used it in a while.

The plan was to just put the fresh blueberries on top of the waffles and then top them with syrup and whipped cream. The first 2 were looking kind of plain but my son Dexter decided to eat them right away. So for the rest, I just added the blueberries on top of the mixture before I close the waffle maker. Now they look pretty and yummy with the oozing juice of the berries!

Ingredients: Makes 6-7 waffles

3 cups of Belgian Waffle Mix
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of water
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of fresh blueberries

Turn the waffle maker on and start mixing the ingredients together except for the blueberries. When the maker is ready, pour some mixture and then arrange about 10-12 blueberries all over the top and close. Enjoy the waffles with your favorite syrup and whipped cream and enjoy a love breakfast!


Check out other "berries" recipe on Every Day Sisters Blog! 

No comments: