Saturday, January 4, 2014

Turkey Sausage and Egg Piroshki

I'm always looking for creative ways to make something special for breakfast. I usually start with checking my pantry or fridge if there are items I can make with. I made these Piroshkis a while back and I have not had a chance to blog about them yet so here it is!

This recipe is a quick take from one of the recipe's on Pillsbury website. I just used my own ingredients.


Ingredients:
1 can (8oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 eggs scrambled and cooked (set aside about 2 tablespoon of the uncooked egg)

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage (sliced in cubes)

Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, whisk eggs and cook scramble of 2 minutes and set aside. Slice the turkey sausage and set aside in a separate bowl

Separate dough into 4 rectangle (not triangle). 2 pieces should be intact and not separated. Place 1 tablespoon of scrambled egg, 1 tablespoon of sausage and 1 tablespoon of cheese on the dough.

Roll the dough slowly while keeping the ingredients inside. Brush the top of each roll with the set aside uncooked egg. Arrange the rolls on a greased cookie baking pan at least 2 inches apart.

Bake 16 to 19 minutes until golden brown.

No comments: