Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Broccoli with Curry Masala and Mustard Seeds


About a month ago,  I visited Betel Nut restaurant with my daughter and we ordered a few appetizer and some entrees. One of the appetizer was Curried Cauliflower with mustard seeds. She loved it and said " Mom, you can totally make this at home!"

On our way home today, she asked me what I had planned to cook for dinner. I told her I'll know when we get home. I did my usual fridge check and took out chicken breast and 2 heads of broccoli. I told her I'll make chicken with broccoli and oyster sauce. Her response - "how about making that curry veggie appetizer we had with mustard seeds?"

So here is that request!

Ingredients:

2 small broccoli head chopped like thin slices flowerettes and rinsed
4 teaspoon sesame oil
3 teaspoon yellow curry masala
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Heat frying pan or work with sesame oil. Add the broccoli, stir thoroughly and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, cover and cook for about 6 minutes or until the broccoli is tender but not mushy. I like mine with a little crunch! Enjoy with your favorite meat and rice.

No comments: