Monday, December 30, 2013

Extra Crispy Fried Chicken Wings





While shopping for groceries and mason jars for a project I was determined to do today, I saw the 10 lbs party chicken wings on sale at Smart and Final. It has been a while since I cooked some of these party staple. They also reminded me of one of my sister-in-law who loves fried chicken wings especially if they are cooked by yours truly! I remember when she used to come over the house and drop off my nephew to play with my son, she will always make a point to ask me to make some for her. 

After I got home, I decided to cook some and use the same 4 simple ingredients I have used in the past to not lose the flavor of the chicken - salt, pepper, chili pepper and flour.  These wings will be a good pair with your favorite salad or with your favorite beverage while watching football, basketball or whatever sport in season you watch. They are also be a good party appetizer if you have the time to make them.

Below are the simple ingredients and steps:

25 pieces of chicken wings
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
1 brown paper bag
2-3 cups vegetable oil



Wash the frozen chicken wings with luke warm water to thaw them a little bit.








Pat them dry. Mix all the dry ingredients inside the brown paper bag. Coat the wings by putting 5 at a time inside the bag, close tight and shake until fully coated.







Heat a deep pan with oil and set to medium high. Use a metal thong and slowly put the wings in the hot oil. Don't overcrowd the pan so that you have room to flip them over. Cook each side for 10 mins and or until golden brown.





















Take the wings out of the hot oil one by one and let the oil drip from each wing on a plate with paper towel. Transfer them to another plate and serve with barbecue sauce or Shiracha if you want them spicy.

No comments: