Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Avocado Omelette



I love eggs anytime of the day, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I usually boil 2 eggs in the morning and take them with me to the office and eat them with my cup of coffee. On the weekends, I usually make an omelette or have 2 over easy with a toast and a fruit. Omelettes are so easy to make. You can put anything on it and make it a full meal. I like my omelette simple and tasty, I think that when you put more than 5 ingredients in it, it becomes overwhelming! 

Here is my take on simple and tasty omelette. This is also a healthy omelette because it only has 2 main ingredients and is less than 500 calories! 

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 large eggs (78 calories each x 2 = 156 calories)
1 large avocado (pitted and sliced) (234 calories)
grated cheese (optional)
a pinch of salt & pepper

Instructions:

In a small bowl, beat eggs together well. Place a 7 inch nonstick pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add butter. Swirl butter around to coat. Let butter foam, but don’t let it turn brown. Add egg mixture. Let eggs sizzle, wait 5 seconds, then top eggs with avocado. Move pan left and right, shifting the eggs around to even, then let them settle for about 15 -20 seconds. When the top is almost cook, flip half of the omelette to one side and roll it out onto the plate. Garnish with your favorite grated cheese, hot sauce and salt and pepper.




No comments: