Friday, January 30, 2015

Roasted Curry Cauliflower Steaks





I love cauliflower raw or cooked. I enjoy it in salads, soup, stew, stir fry, saute etc.  I came across a recipe on FoodNetwork that looked and sounded really good but I was more enticed with the photo of the cauliflower cut like a steak! It was actually my first time seeing it sliced like that.

The cauliflowers were on sale today at 99 Ranch and I bought 2 heads. I have a couple of other recipes in mind that I will share and post later.

INGREDIENTS & PREPARATION:

1 head cauliflower
1 tablespoon dried safflower
1 tablespoon lemon grass powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablesoon Himalayan Pink Salt or any regular salt
Extra virgin olive oil


Mix all the dry spices in a bowl. Trim the base of the core from the cauliflower, and then cut the head into 1-inch-thick slices. Cut any florets that fall off into 1-inch pieces and set aside for cooking another dish later.



Arrange the floret steaks on a flat baking pan. Drizzle each florets with the olive oil. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of the mixed spices over both sides of each floret.



Preheat oven to Roast/Bake 350 degrees F. Roast the cauliflower steaks for 25 minutes. Serve warm by themselves or as a side to your favorite meat.



No comments: